"Having fun, while improving skills, confidence and sportsmanship!"
Sep 17, 2008
2008-2009 Trebol Volunteer Program
Reprinted September 8 email from JaimiAnn Hogan, Trebol Soccer Club Volunteer Coordinator
Fall soccer is well under way and I am writing to you on behalf of the Trebol Soccer Club Volunteer Program. Our Volunteer Program is starting its third year and it has proven to be a huge success. Last year Trebol families volunteered approximately 3,000 hours.
Participation by players and parents has developed stronger bonding within individual teams and within the club; it has developed citizenship and goodwill within our own communities.
Below is a quick snap shot of our program.
************ 2008-2009 TREBOL SOCCER CLUB VOLUNTEER PROGRAM ***************
(1) Each player and parent is "requested" to volunteer 4 hours per season (total of 8 hours by May 2009).
(2) Players and Parents may volunteer in "ANY CAPACITY." The hours need not be connected to any Trebol sponsored event. For example - volunteer hours may be derived from boy scouts, church, political activities, neighborly tasks, school functions, volunteer coaching, free babysitting, etc.
(3) Various Volunteer Opportunities are posted on the Trebol website for guidance and ideas: Volunteering Once again, you are not limited to these postings. If you have an opportunity you would like to share with the rest of the club, please email the details to Jaimi Hogan ([email protected]).
(4) Louisville Community Park (955 Bella Vista Drive). Trebol Soccer Club has adopted this beautiful park and we have committed to maintaining it twice a year. This is "voluntary" work on your behalf - not required. This event is unique in that it is one of the only events (besides our tournament) that Trebol hosts that involves the entire club. It is wonderful to see a mix of the age groups, the players and the parents coming together for a common goal. This year we have added a "Bring Your Own Picnic" at the end of the clean-up day on Sunday October 19th, 1:00-4:00 p.m. Please rsvp to Jaimi Hogan if you would like to help with this great endeavor ([email protected]).
(5) Volunteers in Action. We have created an additional web page on our volunteer site to display our players and parents in action. If you have a photo you would like to share of our members volunteering, please send the photo, a description of activity, age, and names to Jaimi Hogan ([email protected]).
(6) Volunteer Documentation. Attached you will find an excel spreadsheet (also in pdf format) for your use to document your players (and parents) volunteer hours. Please be prepared to turn these in to your team manager at the end of the year (May). Once we have collected the recording sheets, we will then be able to total all of the volunteer hours our club has given back to our communities. The actual documentation of these hours is extremely important for the purposes of seeking future grants and partnerships with our city entities and corporations for the purpose of funding new soccer fields and the operation of our non-profit corporation.
Editor's Note - the .pdf file can be found on our Useful Forms page.
***** TOURNAMENT UPDATE: ***********************
(7) ** COLORADO SHOOTOUT TOURNAMENT Oct 3-5, 2008**
Trebol Soccer Club is hosting its second annual soccer tournament this fall during the first weekend of October. Trebol has a mandatory volunteer requirement for all parents of our members. It is expected that each parent of every player volunteer a 2-hour shift at our tournament. You all should have signed a volunteer agreement during registration which put you on notice of this weekend and gained your commitment to volunteer.
This year we are at a record 170 teams registered for our tournament (up 52 teams from last year). The teams have been flighted and they are currently being scheduled. We will be sending out volunteer opportunities to your team managers very soon. We spend a great deal of time working on the volunteer slots so that they are the most convenient for you and your family.
This tournament is a community-building fundraiser for our club. In fact, Trebol does not hold any other fundraisers during the year. Trebol Soccer Club could not host a successful tournament without the dedication of our parent volunteers. Last year we had an incredible turnout and an abundance of posiitiive feedback. Parents enjoyed volunteering and being a part of something great for this club. Thank you. We appreciate all you do to help make Trebol an exceptional soccer club.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to email me.
Thank you again for all of your dedication.
Trebol Soccer Club - Volunteer Coordinator